Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Obama Challenges Us

Obama, Say Again?
02/25/09 - TheLipstickRepublican by Jamie

[edited] Then, Pres. Obama reached the part where he "challenged" every American to commit to at least one year of higher education, and I was brought up short. Who the bleeping bleep does he think he is, telling me I should seek more education?

It so happens that I want more education. But I want it for me, not to fulfill some "duty to my country." A politician from an earlier generation might have told me it was my duty to produce more children.

If this nation was founded on anything at all, it was founded on the right of individuals to chart the course of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can use the HTML tags <b> <i> and <a href="">, but not <p>. Trouble commenting? Email your comment or problem to Commerce-Try at Comcast.net. Leave out the minus sign. Mention the name of the post in the email.